Ideas that wear well.®
What Kind of Respirator Is Recommended by the CDC for the H7N9 Virus?
Protection Levels Required for Particulate Respirators
- NIOSH approved N95 or higher filtering facepiece respirators
- FDA cleared disposable N95 facemasks
Moldex® offers a complete line of NIOSH certified disposable and half-mask respirators. We offer several different styles of N95, N99, N100, R95, and P100 respirators. The healthcare respirators all have N95 protection levels and are FDA cleared.
In addition to respirators, we have several fit testing solutions including the BITREX® Fit Test Kit. Moldex® can also assist you with setting up a respiratory protection program in accordance with 29 CFR 1910.134.
Where NIOSH certified respirators are used, this should be in conjunction with a comprehensive respiratory protection program in compliance with Occupational Safety and Health Regulations 29 CFR 1910.134 as a minimum. This includes but is not limited to medical evaluation, training and fit testing.
BITREX® Fit Test Kit
- Comply with OSHA standards for qualitative fit testing.
- Kit includes everything needed to perform fit testing on all Moldex®respirators.
- Includes BITREX® aerosol, fit test hood, instructions and certificates.
- Respirators sold separately.
|0102||Qualitative Fit Test Kit (includes all items asterisked)||1|
|0301||Nebulizer #1 - Threshold Screening *||1|
|0302||Nebulizer #2 - Fit Test *||1|
|0503||Threshold Screening Solution - BITREX® *||6-2.5 mL Ampules|
|0504||Fit Test Solution - BITREX® *||6-2.5 mL Ampules|
|0702||Qualitative Fit Test Instructions *||1|
|9702-716||Wallet Respirator ID Cards *||10|
|9702-717||Respirator Training Certificates *||10|
Respiratory Protection Program Manual
How to Set Up a Respiratory Protection Program
- This comprehensive program is designed to provide the necessary elements to anyone who is responsible for administering a respiratory protection program.
- The program assists in complying with the basic requirements of setting up a program as outlined in OSHA's Respiratory Protection Regulation, 29CFR1910.134.
- Information, regulations, forms, certificates, selection criteria and example procedures are included.
Important Facts to Remember
Moldex® disposable particulate respirators are designed to help reduce but cannot eliminate the wearer’s exposure to airborne biological contaminants. They do not eliminate the risk of illness, disease, or death. These respirators are not to be worn by children as the FDA and NIOSH have not approved any respirators for children.
When an outbreak occurs, remember that wearing a particulate respirator is only one part of your personal protection plan. Other steps should include:
- Frequent hand washing
- Social distancing measures
- Staying home from work or school
- Covering mouth and nose when sneezing
For more details go to: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/h7n9-infection-control.htm?mobile=nocontent
- Hearing Protection
- Twist In Earplugs
- Foam Ear Plugs
- Reusable Earplugs
- Metal Detectable Earplugs
- Respiratory Protection
- Disposable Respirators
- Reusable Respirators
- Video Showcase
- Image Downloads
- Literature Downloads
- Sales Team